Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hidden.

Well, I think we all remember the post a few weeks ago in which I shared Michael's infatuation with his Starwars lightsaber. Uh let me tell you...so much has happened since then. Daddy did indeed make a special trip to Target so he could have a lightsaber as well. I have watched many battles, used my body as a shield to protect my lovely and very breakable treasures, and witnessed Brady almost lose an eye. It aint pretty. It has gotten so bad that Brady actually had to tell Michael the other day that he could not play or even say another word about lightsabers. The child is obsessed.

Yes, this is a day in the life of Krysta Manthe.

So, the other night while we were at the grocery store, I had a secret to tell Michael. I was going to let him know that our friend Jim (whom he ADORES) was going to come over and have dinner with us. The conversation went like this:
Me: "Mikeyyyyy..guess whhaaatt?"
Mikey: "What?"
Me: "Someone is going to come over and have dinner with us tomorroowwwww..."
Mikey:"Who?"
Me:"JIM!! He's going to come over and play with you!"
Mikey: (long silence)
Me: (waiting)
Mikey:"Wellllll.....(pause)....I'm gonna have to hide my lightsabers from him den."
Me: (laughing hysterically)

We came home from the grocery store and I heard no word about the adored lightsabers. He did not play with them. Didn't battle. Didn't mention them once. I thought this was a bit odd...

BUT, with good reason. As I was getting ready for bed, I reached over to grab lotion from my nightstand. Underneath my nightstand sits a white box with magazines and journals resting on top of it. I noticed that Mikey did indeed hide his lightsabers from Jim. They were stashed against the back of the wall behind my journals. Smart boy I tell you. I was a bit flattered too that I was the chosen one to guard his most prized possession.

* Brady and I seriously laughed forever. I had to pull the lightsabers to the front so you could see them in low light. Too funny that boy. *
Photobucket

So there you go. No stellar photography today, but a bit of clean comedy to tide you over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krysta, I post on Sheye's Flickr stream also and love your work.

I have 2 lightsabres sitting on my kitchen sink at the minute out of reach of 2 mischievous boys who insisted on battling with them all afternoon until my head ached!

They have been relegated to 'outside toys' from this day on...

Vanessa x

PS I love the photos of your Dad, he has a beautiful, open, friendly face and must be so sorely missed. I lost my Daddy too:(