
When Sabrena was a teeny tiny little baby, my dad, without thought, started referring to her as "Beaner." Whenever he would walk into the room, he would look at her and enthusiastically say, "Beeaannneerrrrrrr!!" to which much chubby leg kicking, arm flailing, and shrieking ensued.
Here we are twelve years later and Sabrena very much still answers to the name of Beaner...(although she no longer shrieks when we walk into the room.) :)
This beautiful child turned 12 today and I am wondering how it is possible that next year she will be a...duh...duh...duhhh....teenager!?
While I was home we went out to take a few shots of her with her new snowboard she got for Christmas. Pink and girly she is not. Wise beyond her years, athletic, funny, spirited...yes, all of these things she most certainly is.
Speaking of pink and girly...as we were walking back into the house, Sabrena turned to me and said, "Auntie Kay-Kay, remember at Thanksgiving you said you'd go snowboarding with me if I got a new snowboard for Christmas?" I looked at her very very confused and said, "Ummm...did I say that?" She responded with a big "YES! YOU said it. YOU saaaiiiddd (sigh) thatifigotasnowboardforchristmasyouwouldgosnowboardingwithmeeeeeee." Now first of all, a few things would have to happen for me to get on a snowboard such as cute Roxy snowboard apparel, a jeweled board, and a Starbucks and an ambulance waiting for me at the bottom of the hill. Second of all, I believe a 12 year old boy of whom I do not know took my place. Whoever you are, 12 year old boy, I am grateful for you.
...and Beaner, we are grateful for you each and every day. I hope your day is as special as you are. Happy Birthday!
Much love,
Auntie Kay-Kay
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Sabrena!! What a beautiful picture. - MCNR
Post a Comment